The Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Fund Development Board (Fund Board), established on March 14, 1996 by the Government of Nepal (GoN) under the Development Board Act 1956, is an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Water Supply and Sanitation (MoWSS), promoting and integrating community-led, demand-driven and participatory approach in rural drinking water and sanitation (RWSS) services all over the country. The prime objectives to set up the Fund Board were to: (i) bring about fundamental changes in the conventional supply-oriented approach to a demand-driven approach and participatory decision making and, (ii) support the government in sector policy making and development efforts. The major funding agency is the IDA/World Bank and with contributions coming from GoN and the communities.
The Fund Board is governed by an autonomous Board chaired by a Chairperson.
• Ministry of Water Supply and Sanitation (MoWSS) – Joint Secretary
• Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development (MoFALD) – Joint Secretary
• Association of DDCs in Nepal (ADDCN) – Representative
• National Association of VDCs in Nepal (NAVIN) – Representative
• Three Members nominated by Ministry of Water Supply and Sanitation (MoWSS) representing NGO sector, Private Sector and Women
• Executive Director of the Fund Board –Secretary
The Board’s policies and plans are executed by the Fund Board Secretariat through the mobilization and deployment of 48 core staff, led by an Executive Director.
|1||Mr. Bhumi Nanda Devkota||NGO||Chairperson|
|2||Mr. Ram Chandra Devkota||
Ministry of Water Supply and Sanitation
|3||Mr. Kedar Nath Sharma||Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development||Member|
|4||Mr. Krishna Prasad Jaishi||Association of DDC Nepal (ADDCN)||Member|
|5||Mr. Basudev Basnet||National Association of VDCs in Nepal (NAVIN)||Member|
|6||Mr. Mana Dahal||NGO||Member|
|7||Mr. Dhundi Raj Dahal||Engineer from Private Sector||Member|
|8||Mr. Bhupendra Prasad Aryal||
Rural Water Supply and Sanitation FundDevelopment Board